On February 1st 2016, Tina Lynge Schmidt started up her own consultancy business, TLS Ressourcer
Text: Thea Sandeman Jensen, Photo: Toke Brødsgaard, greenland today July 2016
Tina Lynge Schmidt is one of the people who started their own company in 2016. Before that, she had been considering starting her own business for many years, but did not have the courage to start up on her own. Then, when a fellow student at an HDO course in the summer of 2015 gave her a push, saying Tina could easily handle it, she decided to do it.
For many years, Tina has worked with HR and she was also HR manager with Nukissiorfiit, a energy company.
– Development has always interested me, says Tina.
– The fact that I can develop and that I can help others to develop fascinates me and that is why I have ended up where I am.
Tina has a broad educational background with marketing management and a bachelor degree in administration, coaching and many courses on personal profile analysis etc. In practice, she has worked with many aspects of HR, from team building to employment legislation.
– I have always known I wanted to be self-employed, says Tina.
– The freedom appeals to me.
– I read a quote that said: »If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough« and that is so right, says Tina.
– So I took a chance and I do not regret it at all.
Tina Lynge Schmidt lives in Nuuk from where she runs her business – TLS Ressoucer.
– I really hope to get jobs from along the coast, where businesses need my help, says Tina.
TLS ressourcer works primarily with assistance with team building, courses, facilitation and management sparring.
– It is my interest in development that has determined my main areas of interest, says Tina.
– I feel very privileged to be able to live out my dream. It is really cool to work with people and incredibly satisfying to earn my own money.