SOMEONE FROM NUUK
Someone from Nuuk
By greenland today Berlin, Photo Mikael Lindskov Jacobsen
26 APR 2012
Wednesday was another good experience for movie buffs in Berlin. Film director Otto Rosing was present to talk about this evening's Greenland film feature »Nuumioq« - meaning »one from Nuuk.«
- Greenland has proven that we can make films, but we still have major challenges, said Otto Rosing.
Film director Otto Rosing and actor Makka Kleist responded to questions from the audience.
- We must become better at cultivating new talent on the way. And we must also be better to open up for input from abroad.
- We need a lot of know-how in Greenland on anything technical, distribution and in relation to attend the world's film festivals, Otto Rosing said.
greenland today has previously made a portrait of Otto Rosing. Read it <here>
Otto Rosing and Aka Hansen in front of Kino Berlin.
Small film industry
After the film had Otto Rosing a chat with Aka Hansen from Tumit Production, one of Greenland's new film companies.
- I think that one of the challenges we have in Greenland, is that we lack people who work with film, says Aka Hansen.
- Maybe it's just like the rest of the world, people who want to work with film, also will have to work at coffee shops, cafes, etc.
- There is not enough money so you can live by filmmaking. The Greenlandic film industry is still too small.
- I do not know if it is basically about money. But I hope one day it will be possible, that people can have movies as their profession - and live by it, says Aka Hansen.
Read about the movie Nuumioq and watch trailer <here>
Read the portrait of Otto Rosing <here>
Visit greenland todays film site <here>
Among the spectators (center) Iben Mondrup, painter, writer, curator and more who are raised in Greenland.
Actor Makka Kleist, Film director Otto Rosing and film festival organizer Ivalo Frank.